Disadvantages of Package Holidays
When the initial package holidays were introduced 50 years ago, majority of standard people had not travelled to foreign destinations, but rather spent their holidays within the United Kingdom, where good weather was not guaranteed. Package holidays offered a genuine substitute to the habitual British seaside vacation.
Sass & Belle Vintage World Map Passport Holder
Since situations have altered during the years, several disadvantages have been recognised such as the following:
Waterproof Travel Passport Wallet Family Passport Holder RFID Blocking Document Organizer Bag with Removable Neck Strap for Hands Free Grey
- Package holiday – mass market destinations grew to connect with negative influence of tourism, such as bad behaviour and crime.
- People are not willing to lie in the sun for long periods of time, since the growing awareness of ‘dangers of skin cancer’.
- Majority of people want to break free from the crowds of busy beaches, where they don’t feel comfortable sitting around.
- In order to fill an aircraft, the tour operators offer only restricted option of flights and departure times.
- People became confused about the prices quoted in brochures, since tour operators started charging extras.
- On certain occasions, people were disappointed with the standard of food and accommodation offered.
- Many people became self-assured travellers and were not keen on being ‘organised’ by the convenience of tour operator’s schedules.
Unit – 1 An Introduction to Travel & Tourism