Advantages of Package Holidays
1. Usually the package price is much cheaper than a traveller would pay for an individual ‘product’.
2. The purchaser of package would know the cost of holiday when paying for it as one ‘item’.
3. The travel agent or tour operators take majority of responsibility of bookings and organisation.
4. Details of resort and hotel people are visiting can be seen on brochures published or online accounts and through today’s virtual tours.
5. To those people needing help and advice, a ‘rep’ is available most of the time on resort.
6. When people know majority of travellers staying at the hotel are from the UK, it builds their confidence to travel in those countries.
7. As part of the package, entertainment and children’s activities are supplied by the hotel. Package holidays are mostly linked with the term mass tourism. Tourists travelling in large volumes visiting the same destination is termed as ‘mass tourism’.
8. Mass tourism places are normally situated on coasts, with many visitors searching for ‘sun, sand and sea’ holiday.
9. Majority of mass tourism destinations produced as centres of package holidays, with high number of people arriving on chartered aircraft and stopping in pre-booked hotel accommodation.
10. Private-sector travel agents usually arrange holidays to mass tourism destinations, with only a few people visiting independently.
11. During the summer months majority of mass tourism destinations have a high or peak season.